As educators and students design the future, the process centers around how we first engage with questions before ever seeking answers or resolutions. What if? and Why not?
can create fear about the unknown. With the guidance of LJCDS’s creative educators, students will transform fear into transformative actions.
Some highlights include:
- In each discipline, we seek to balance intellectual and emotional knowledge for every student to develop into their authentic selves, honor their creativity and contribute to creating an inclusive society.
- Essential questions lead the way during our 2020-2021 academic year.
- VAPA educators will work alongside an interdisciplinary team in collaboration with design and innovation, library science, life skills, service learning, global education, and anti-racist and anti-oppressive educators.
- The collaborative team works together to create lessons, build community norms exercises, and expand discipline knowledge goals through three-week immersions into each trimester.
- Our goal centers on helping both students and educators explore the life-long question, Who am I?
We are committed to enhancing the school’s mission to prepare individuals for a lifetime of intellectual exploration, personal growth and social responsibility.